After searching for more than 8 hours yesterday the Coast Guard suspended the search for four men who went down in the Gulf when a helicopter crashed about 10 miles offshore. The chopper was en route from an offshore rig to land. The search for survivors of that crash resumes this morning. This is the third chopper crash in the Gulf in 2022.
Some may have a New Year’s Resolution to find a new job in 2023. Brooke Thorington seeks some tips on doing that…:
CUT 03(31) “…Thorington.”
A shocking story out of Winn Parish; a 5-month-old baby girl who died last week was determine to be a murder victim…and the suspect is the child’s 11-year-old sibling. The baby died of blunt force to the head and body. The pre-teen was taken into custody. Four adults in the Winnfield home were also charged with cruelty to a juvenile. More as this story develops.
Starting January 1st, all one-and-two family homes sold or leased in Louisiana MUST have working carbon monoxide detectors. The state health department says six people in Louisiana died from carbon monoxide poisoning after Hurricane Ida, and nine after Laura. Metairie state lawmaker Stephanie Hilferty sponsored the bill – which passed the legislature last spring – after her own close call with CO fumes. She says it can cause fatigue, headaches and more…:
CUT 05 (11) “…monoxide poisoning”
The law does not apply to your already-owned home, but she says it’s a good idea to get a CO detector anyway.